Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haiti Deal with the Devil
Pat Robertson Says Haitians Brought Earthquake on Themselves
It’s pretty hard to believe until you watch the video, but Pat Robertson essentially told CBN viewers this morning that Haiti brought yesterday’s devastating earthquake on themselves. Only he pronounced the disaster-stricken nation as “Haitia.”

Transcript of the appalling statement, which occurred during a solicitation for donations to help victims of the crisis.

"And you know Christy, something happened a long time ago in Haiti and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know Napoleon the third and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said we will serve you if you’ll get us free from the French. True story, and so the Devil said OK it’s a deal. And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since they’ve been cursed by one thing after the other desperately poor. That island is Hispanola is one island. It’s cut down the middle. On one side is Haiti on the other side is the Dominican Republic. Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. Uh, they need to have, and we need to pray for them a great turning to God and out of this tragedy. I’m optimistic something good may come but right now we’re helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable."

This whopper of a quote — “true story!” — came minutes after he’d asked a genuinely concerned spokesperson for Operation Blessing whether the massive earthquake might actually be “a blessing in disguise,” because it might hasten the modernization of Haiti. What a guy.

All of this is just a way to say that the first thing that went through my mind when I heard that this had happened was “Wait — Pat Robertson is still alive?”

Haiti - Deal with the Devil
There's no stoppin' what can't be stopped, no killin' what can't be killed. You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'...