Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Séries de vampiros
Tal como nos livros... as séries de vampiros estão na moda. Bem, acho que nem vou falar no Twilight e na próxima estreia do Lua Nova... Tongue

Buffy - A caçadora de Vampiros: sem duvida uma das séries mais fenomenais acerca da vampirada... se bem que juntarem a buffy e o spike mais lá para o fim, céus...

Angel - Apesar de o angel (boreanaz) ser uma das personagens que eu mais adorei na buffy... o certo é que esta continuação da série fica um pouco atrás da original...

Moonlight - Realmente... acho que só pelo facto da serie nem sequer ter 2ª temporada, já diz tudo. Como já cá disseram, aquilo é uma cópia do angel e bem pior...

True Blood - Quando vi pela primeira vez a série... não estava nada à espera daquilo. Bolinha vermelha a 100%. Depois de 5 episodeos da primeira temporada, fartei-me daquilo. Não gosto de ver os vampiros serem retratados assim de uma forma tão "frágil".
[Image: true-blood14.jpg]

The Vampire Diaries - Gostei mais desta. Ás vezes dá-me a sensação que os actores estão a copiar a forma de actuar do twilight... mas está interessante. É sobre dois irmãos vampiros que se apaixonam por uma mesma rapariga que é a reincarnação da vampira que os transformou a eles e por quem se apaixonaram de igual forma.
[Image: stars-of-the-vampire-diaries.jpg]

Tou-me a esquecer de alguma?
"Sempre que possivel conversa com um saco de cimento... nesta vida só devemos acreditar naquilo que um dia pode ser concreto!"
A primeira foto é real? Os dentes do homem parecem tão mal feitos que eu fico na dúvida. Quanto ao "Vampire Diaries", se eu fosse um produtor de TV e me aparecesse um argumentista com esse enredo eu atiçava-lhe os cães. Smile
[Image: indiaslb1mj1o.gif]
Brian Lumley's Necroscope Series

Eu sei que não é televisão, mas é uma série de vampiros... e para mim é a melhor série que existe de vampiros, of all times. Se todos os vampiros fossem assim, seria um mundo melhor, eu ainda os respeitaria.

Deixo aqui um pouco da descrição do livro.

First published as a paperback original in 1990, this fourth volume in British author Lumley's popular series pays particular homage to Bram Stoker's Dracula, featuring a multinational team of vampire hunters who rely on the latest technology to scour Europe to foil a master vampire's plans to move his nest and expand his troop of thralls. The hunt's conclusion takes Harry Keogh, the "Necroscope" (one who speaks to the dead), into misty Transylvania, where he fights the resurrected Janos Ferenczy in his ruined castle for possession of his lady love, Sandra. Lumley retains much of the florid melodrama that Stoker reveled in, with an increased explicitness suited to the present day. Still, the traditions are there: vampires can change form, are vulnerable to silver and garlic and must receive permission before entering either a dwelling or a mind. Lumley provides more rationale than Stoker, and he also secularizes the legend, toning down the original's Christian aversion to "blasphemous" dialogue. Lumley also broadens the scope, adding much to the story of psychic abilities, centered on the ultra-secret "E-Branch (`E' for ESP)" division of Britain's Secret Service. With their paranormal powers, Harry's E-Branch teammates give the novel an Ian Fleming/Stephen King crossover feel. Despite a tendency to overreach his descriptive power and the dated Cold War background, Lumley (Psychomech) tells a fast-moving tale of the primal horror of an undead parasite worthy of Stoker's original.

Review
"Like the vampires it so full-bloodedly portrays, Brian Lumley's Necroscope series just gets stronger. His lively mix of action and monstrosity transmutes the base cliché of the vampire and turns it into a wonderfully contemporary bane."--Fear Magazine

"Brian Lumley's skillful mix of epic fantasy and vampire mythology offers wide-angle horror of a scope too rarely seen in modern fiction. His Vamphyri are vicious, savage, ruthless, and unrepentantly evil-- a feast for the horror fan."--F. Paul Wilson

"An accomplished wordsmith, Lumley wields a pen with the deft skill of a surgeon, drawing just enough blood to titillate without offending his readers."--The Phoenix Gazette
-- Review

1. Brian Lumley's writing style is... unique. He truly shines during this series, but... buyer beware. He has a quirky style to say the least. Don't look for characters who mirror real-life. They don't. Don't look for his "pseudo-science" to make too much sense... it doesn't. But the rewards far outweigh any suspension of disbelief you'll have to excercise. DO look for quality, suspense filled writing that builds and builds until it hits the boiling point! DO look for some of the most inventive and original use of "blood-and-guts" ever to be put on paper, and somehow he manages to keep the descriptions eloquent and elegant.

2. These books contain, without question, the greatest vampire literature in the history of mankind. This is not a joke, nor is it blind worship of the author. Lumley's vampires are leaps and bounds above any other vampire characterizations you will ever find, period.

3. Lumley's use of stories-within-stories is also top notch. He is the only author I know (with the possible exception of older King) who can tell a very long and detailed history of a character or plotline (for hundreds of pages sometimes!) without losing his readers or becoming boring. You WANT to know what happened way back when, and when Lumley is finished, you crave more!

I have been reading this series of books for a long time, and these books are masterpieces!!! I am not the biggest vampire fan around, I think they are old, overused and out of date. However, Lumley has found a way to make a story so gripping and so original, that NECROSCOPE is one of my favorite books of all time!! A war between the dead and vampires, MASTERWORK if you ask me!! This novel charicters are also original and they do the story justice! I am sure this book will become a classic read in the years to come. I also think it's a shame that authors like Anne Rice get well noted for their vampire novels, when they don't even come close to Lumley's vampires. Brian Lumley's work to me is just as good as William Peter Blatty's 'The Exorcist' of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot.' You will understand me once you have read it. NECROSCOPE is the ultimate in vampire horror.

Infelizmente, ou felizmente, nunca poderá haver uma série de televisão sobre o NECROSCOPE. Não uma que faça juz aos livros. Impossível fazer sem deturpar a história.
There's no stoppin' what can't be stopped, no killin' what can't be killed. You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'...
Falando em vampiros, acho também que o livro do Drácula não envelheceu assim tão bem. Continua a ser um grande livro, mas lá para a segunda metade aquilo é sobretudo cada personagem a dizer o quão bons os outros são. Sobretudo em relação à Mina, deve haver umas três ou quatro vezes em que se põem todos de volta dela a chorar por ela ser tão boa pessoa.
Uhm... do dracula não posso falar muito. Nunca li o livro... e só tenho mesmo aquela perspectiva cinematográfica do personagem.

Quanto a séries, a Buffy será sempre imortal... enquanto que em cinema, o mais marcante (pelo menos para mim) foi o Blade. Mas com o sucesso do Twilight... livros/séries/filmes sobre vampiros é o que está a dar.

Aquela série do True Blood é uma das mais cotadas nos states no momento. Fiquei curiosa... e fui ver os primeiros episodeos da primeira temporada. Penso que a segunda temporada é bem melhor... mas aqueles primeiros episodeos são "intensos". Basicamente o script baseia-se no momento em que os vampiros decidem-se revelar aos humanos e tentam conviver pacificamente com eles... até porque os chineses inventaram sangue sintético pra eles se alimentarem. Mas depois, claro... tem sempre aqueles atritos entre dissidentes. O cerne da série... é que toda a gente é viciada em sexo. E para cumulo, os humanos descobriram que podem usar o sangue dos vampiros como afrodisiaco. E o sotaque da actriz principal... ena, é mesmo à pacóvia. Acho que no fundo tiraram aquela "invencibilidade" aos vampiros... e isso é algo que não gostei muito. Além disso o rabo do actor não é como o do van damme (lololol.... Tongue)
"Sempre que possivel conversa com um saco de cimento... nesta vida só devemos acreditar naquilo que um dia pode ser concreto!"
Vampiros e taradice juntos? Realmente só falta o rabo do Van Damme para ser a série perfeita para ti. Tongue